Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Role Based Cli Access

Unanswered Question
Oct 7th, 2014
User Badges:

Hi,

I am currently configuring Role Based Cli Access for our network device. I have defined two views; one is for superuser and the other is for helpdesk. For Helpdesk view, they should only have a limited command access on the configuration mode such as shutdown, no shut, of a particular interface. We have a stack switch with the available interfaces Gi1/0/1-48; Gi2/0/1-48; Gi3/0/1-48 up to Gi5/0/1-48. My problem is that if I use the command; commands configure include all interface, all the interface commands can be executed. When I specified the interface like, commands configure include interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1, I can restrict all the interface command except for the one that I have set. In my observation, I have to write all the Gig interface one by one to commands configure to restrict commands of the the Helpdesk view. My question is, how do I set or is there a wild card where I can specify all the interface with a restricted commands available. I have tried commands configure include interface GigabitEthernet * commands configure include interface GigabitEthernet 1/0/1-48 but it failed. Your help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

George Oracion

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion