cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber URI, different domain than E-Mail, how to substitute it?

Hi Community,

I am currently planning to migrate from the good old Jabber Movi (VCS, TMS) to Jabber for Windows (CUCM, Phone-Mode only). The client is just used for video conferencing. In the old setup the users were imported via Active Directory into TMSPE and the E-Mail domain was substituted by the video domain via RegEx. Here an example:

User 1

E-Mail: user1@domain.com

Video URI: user1@video.domain.com

Now I need the same solution on CUCM side. I am able to import the users via AD and can use their E-Mail as directory URI, no problem so far. But I didn't find any way to substitute the domain part of the E-Mail.

Does anybody know a solution for my problem?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We don't provide a way to do what you're asking, you would need to manually fill in a new URI with the video portion for each user via BAT

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rhonda Shepard
Level 1
Level 1

Alex, 

A workaround for this would be to populate the "msRTCSIP-primaryuseraddress" in AD with the SIP URI (you may be able to run a script in AD to populate this with samaccountname@video.domain.com) then in CUCM LDAP config map the Directory URI field to msRTCSIP-primaryuseraddress.  

Rhonda

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: