cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5515-X Question

Nathan Ohara
Level 1
Level 1

I am thinking of purchasing the ASA 5515-X for our company being that it is FIPS 140-2 validated for NIST compliance. We have about 50 users that require VPN access to our network which would require AnyConnect licenses I assume. I am unsure what we actually need (licenses) to achieve our end goal which is VPN access to our network while maintaining compliance. I have read somewhere that the security plus license comes bundled with the 5515-X, is this true? Is there a 50 users AnyConnect license available? What other licenses would we need? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

3 Replies 3

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

You can check this link for more information on the licenses:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa84/license/license_management/license_86.html#wp2162176

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

I am confused just looking at that table. Does the 5515-X come with a security plus license?

Yes it includes Security Plus. The only two current models that do not are the 5505 and 5512-X.

AnyConnect Premium licensing on the ASA is required to configure a FIPS-compliant remote access VPN (IPsec IKEv2 and NIST Suite B algorithms). Reference.

AnyConnect Premium licenses are sold based on number of users at levels of 10, 25, 50, 100, 250 users etc. The licenses are not additive (i.e. buying 2 ea. 10-users licenses doesn't get you a 20-user license); but there are upgrade SKUs available if you want to move from one level to another.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card