cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5515-X Question

Nathan Ohara
Level 1
Level 1

I am thinking of purchasing the ASA 5515-X for our company being that it is FIPS 140-2 validated for NIST compliance. We have about 50 users that require VPN access to our network which would require AnyConnect licenses I assume. I am unsure what we actually need (licenses) to achieve our end goal which is VPN access to our network while maintaining compliance. I have read somewhere that the security plus license comes bundled with the 5515-X, is this true? Is there a 50 users AnyConnect license available? What other licenses would we need? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

3 Replies 3

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

You can check this link for more information on the licenses:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa84/license/license_management/license_86.html#wp2162176

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

I am confused just looking at that table. Does the 5515-X come with a security plus license?

Yes it includes Security Plus. The only two current models that do not are the 5505 and 5512-X.

AnyConnect Premium licensing on the ASA is required to configure a FIPS-compliant remote access VPN (IPsec IKEv2 and NIST Suite B algorithms). Reference.

AnyConnect Premium licenses are sold based on number of users at levels of 10, 25, 50, 100, 250 users etc. The licenses are not additive (i.e. buying 2 ea. 10-users licenses doesn't get you a 20-user license); but there are upgrade SKUs available if you want to move from one level to another.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: