cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access to Prime Collaboration Deployment 10.5 software/OVA?

Dan Rufer
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Forum:

How might a person obtain a copy of Cisco's Prime Collaboration Deployment software/OVA?

Downloading Cisco software lists lots of Prime Collaboration 10.5 offerings but not the Deployment option.  Cisco's PUT Tool offers Prime Collaboration Standard 10.X but is failing with an internal error before I can even determine what might be contained with it. 

How might Cisco's PCD software/OVA be obtained?

Thank you.

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

U would get PCD with title as PMEDIA;Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment V10.5(1)  after u had placed order through PUT.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

U would get PCD with title as PMEDIA;Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment V10.5(1)  after u had placed order through PUT.

regds,

aman

for OVA

Cisco only supports virtualized deployments of Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment. PCD is deployed using an OVA that contains the pre-installed PCD application. This OVA is obtained with a licensed copy of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 10.5(1) software. For information about how to extract and deploy the PCD_VAPP.OVA file,

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/PCD/CUCM_BK_PB8976C2_00_pcd_rns_1001/CUCM_BK_PB8976C2_00_pcd_rns_1001_chapter_01.html

for extracting OVA

Step 1  Extract the PCD_VAPP.OVA from the pcd_vApp_UCOS_10.xxxxx.iso file. A new PCD_VAPP.OVA file is created. Verify the file size; ISO and OVA files do not have the same file size.
Step 2  Deploy the PCD_VAPP.OVA file in vCenter to install Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment. If you are using vSphere client, the name of this file may be PCD_VAPP.OVA. If you are using the VMware vSphere web client to deploy the file, you must first change the name to PCD_VAPP.ova (lowercase) before deploying the file.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_pcd-administration-guide-1051/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_ucmap-administration-guide-1051_chapter_01.html#CUCM_TK_E008CD66_00

[+5] to Michael.

regds,

aman

Hi,

Please see the attached snapshot after u place order through PUT and is ready to download.

regds,

aman

Hello Aman,

Looking at this snapshot, I guess I picked the wrong product group in PUT. I should've picked Communications Manager instead of Prime Collaboration (attached).

Funny thing happened this morning. A media kit came in the mail today and it has PCD. I still want to know if my mistake was just picking the wrong product group in PUT. This way, other can learn from my error.

Thanks,

Randy

Hi Randy,

U should have selected Communications Manager instead of Prime Collaboration.U get other options as Jabber,Presence, Voice Messaging.

After u select , Cummincations Maanger, u get Product Option[Export Restricted/Unrestricted] followed by Current version and Upgrade Version.

regds,

aman

Thanks for clarifying Aman. Truly appreciate your help and the time you spend assisting users like me here in Cisco support forum.

Best regards,

Randy

michael o'nan
Level 4
Level 4

PCD comes with CM10 media kit and you order that via the PUT tool.

Hello Michael,

I don't have a CM10 Media kit. I've got ISOs and OVAs in my BE6K and PCD is nowhere to be found in there. I've tried going through the PUT but did not find PCD there as well. I ordered Prime Collaboration Standard thinking it's within that product but I was mistaken. Can you tell me how exactly to order this through PUT? I just need to get my hands on this "free" product that is extremely difficult to find. I need to migrate CUCM, UCCX and with what I've read so far, PCD would be a great help.

Thanks,

Randy

Hi Randy,

can u share what all u have got in BE6K ?

regds,

aman

Hello Aman,

Here's all the ISOs and OVAs I have in my BE6K (see attached).

Thanks,

Randy

There is nothing labeled in the PUT tool as PCD. You must download PMEDIA;Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment V10.5(1) as stated in Aman's post. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: