Views
Helpful
Replies

excluding the license files during the ACE restore

axfalk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We will be recovering the ACE, running A5(2.1), during the upcoming DR test and, since the recovered ACE will already have the license file, I was wondering if we could use the exclude option when restoring the ACE, as in the following:

Restore all disk0:archive_filename exclude (licenses | ssl-files)

This would allow us to restore all the contents in a one felt swoop.

I looked up the above command in the Admin Guide, however never tried it as we don't have the ACE test bed.

Thanks.

_Greg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

This should work fine. But honestly, i haven't tried this myself either. It is mentioned in  the documentation and things are tested before they make it there. Checked other cases too. Just keep note of the below:

"If you upgrade to software version A4(1.0) or later from a release before A4(1.0), the ACE cannot install the earlier license files because they are unsupported. The ACE ignores these license files and keeps the existing licenses".

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

This should work fine. But honestly, i haven't tried this myself either. It is mentioned in  the documentation and things are tested before they make it there. Checked other cases too. Just keep note of the below:

"If you upgrade to software version A4(1.0) or later from a release before A4(1.0), the ACE cannot install the earlier license files because they are unsupported. The ACE ignores these license files and keeps the existing licenses".

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

thanks for your reply - very helpful as always...