cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PROBLEM WITH A TANDBERG EDGE 95 MXP

MKashindye
Level 1
Level 1
Hi I have a Tandberg Edge 95 MXP Video Conference unit complete with Camera and connected to a Samsung Plasma 59" TV. The problem we have is, we are able to make video conference calls, but something like after 20 minutes during the call. The TV will go to standby as if it has lost signal from the codec. At this moment the we will get a message no signal from the TV. The other end will be seeing us and hear us, but we are unable to hear them. We are also not able to get the signal back to the TV unless we switch all of them off wait for 30 minutes or more and restart the call again. We have had this problem for quite long and have not been able to find the solution. The TV is connected to the codec via a DVI-I cable on the codec side and the VGA (PC) cable on the TV side. Your help on this is highly anticipated. Regards Mlindwa
1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd start by looking at the TV to see if there's any setting on it to disable it doing in to standby, or an inactivity timeout.  In general - any setting that will stop the TV turning off by iteself.

Also check with the manufacturer of the TV to see if there are any firmware updates for the TV that may help resolve this issue.

There's not likely anything you can set on the Edge 95 that will stop this.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: