Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS installation on UCS C240 using VMWare ESXi 5.5

Mikhail Lapin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to everybody

I have a trouble with installing Cisco UC products on UCS C240. I have VMWare ESXi 5.5. I'll write what I've done.

At first I made Virtual Disk (Raid), but I couldn't enter Netbios configuration for a long time. I pressed CTRL+H and after that I saw screen with shell>. It was my first time I worked with UCS C240 and I didn't saw same screens during UCS C220 configuration. After that I entered exit command and Netbios screen appeared. After that I installed VMWare ESXi, configured it and installed VCS ova template. Everythung worked correct.

BUT... After turning off and on the server VMWare ESXi didn't load, I looked to the console and saw the shell> screen. I think it isn't normal.

What I have to do to load my VMWare and don't see the shell> screen.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Can you check your boot order? And make sure your HDD/RAID comes above the EFI shell?

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Can you check your boot order? And make sure your HDD/RAID comes above the EFI shell?

Please rate useful posts.

You are correct. It helps me.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: