Views
Helpful
Replies

EX60 touch pad problem

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

I have problem with EX60 touch panel, when I connected it to the unit the touch still hang on exclamation LED and the screen keep black without any response, I did factory reset without any results, when I typed xstatus systymunit the cradle result gives me not present, So is there any solution for that.

I brought another touch panel and worked fined with EX60 screen.

Thank you :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chad Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohammad,

Were any changed made to the EX60 recently such as an upgrade? If so what changes were made? Also, what is the serial number of the touch panel that you are having a problem with?

Did you factory reset the endpoint or the touchpanel? If you have not tried to factory reset the touch panel try this:

To manually factory reset a touch, hold the ! symbol for 10 seconds until it lights up. Press “mute” button twice and the Touch should reset.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chad Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohammad,

Were any changed made to the EX60 recently such as an upgrade? If so what changes were made? Also, what is the serial number of the touch panel that you are having a problem with?

Did you factory reset the endpoint or the touchpanel? If you have not tried to factory reset the touch panel try this:

To manually factory reset a touch, hold the ! symbol for 10 seconds until it lights up. Press “mute” button twice and the Touch should reset.

I didn't do any upgrade the Codec from the box and directly connected with touchpanel, I did factory sitting no effect, and I tried the way to click on exlamation mark then twice on mic off without any response>

the serial number is: A1AS32E00401

many thanks for your response, because I am feeling stuck with this problem.

Mohammed,

Along with Chads method, you can also try swapping the image of the touch panel:

- Power on the Cisco Telepresence Touch 8

- Press '!' directly after it lights up the first time, the Volume LEDs will start to blink.

Note: It may be hard to time exactly when you should press "!" so please try a few times.

- Next press 'mic off' two times.
- The Cisco Telepresence Touch 8 will now run 'selectsw' and boot up with the inactive image if available.

Kenny

Hi Kenny, I did that but no result. I pressed "!" and the volume start blink then I pressed mic off twice and I waited for it but no result.

any suggest, thanks for your response

Thanks! With this info I was able to get my touch panel back into production :-)

Eunkyung Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammad,

Please connect the touch panel to the codec and restart the codec to see if the touch can boot up.

If you have any extra codec, you swap it to see if the issue follows the touch panel.

Also you can try to use external power supply and the switch port to connect the touch to see if touch is booting up.

Was the touch working before? If it was, then what changes were made?

If you try the method above and the touch is still not booting up, then I suggest to open a TAC case to investigate further.

Thanks,

Christina

Hi Christina,

I the touch panel doesn't boot and I connected to another Codec but no result and I have another touch panel it works with all codec without any problem. Unfortunately I don't have a power supply for Touch panel to try it, and I didn't change any thing, the codec and touch pannel I deboxed it from new package from Cisco.

How can I connect with TAC and open a case?

Thank you.

Mohammad

Hi Mohammad,

If you go to cisco.com page, and put the mouse over to "support" tab, then you can see "Open or View Cases" option.

Thanks,

Chrisitna

Hi Christina,

I already have another Touch pad, Is there any way to take the software for touch pad and copy it to another which has a problem?

Thank you

Mohammmad