Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Authentication Error while installing TMSPE

I am trying ot install TMSPE 1.3 on TMS 14.5.

Our TMS is synchronized with LDAP and I have an AD account which is part of the TMS "Site Administrator" group.

When I try to install TMSPE it is asking for Cisco TMS credential and I am using trying to authenticate using that account but it always fail. I tried using the username and password or domain\username pattern as the username but it never works.

I tried with my own domain account which is also part of the Cisco TMS "Site Administrator" group but the result is the same.

I always get a "TMS Authentication Error" window saying "Authentication failed. The given user does not have access to TMS."

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Does the account needs to have admin access on the Windows server itself or we are just talking about the TMS application admin (as the documentation seems to indicate) ?

Must be missing something obvious...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No need to add the account to the server, as long as you can log into the TMS application and confirm the account has site admin permissions, that's all is needed.

What version of Java do you have installed on the TMS server?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No need to add the account to the server, as long as you can log into the TMS application and confirm the account has site admin permissions, that's all is needed.

What version of Java do you have installed on the TMS server?

Accounts are correct as I can login as full administrator in the TMS web portal with both my account and the service account

The Java version is the jre-7u71.

I saw that in the doc of the TMSPE install, it is written that it is only tested with the version 7 upgrade 51.

But I saw in some of the discussions on the forum that version 7 upgrade XX was OK.

Anyway I downgraded to version 7u51 and now it seems that it is working

It's always best to use the documented version of Java, as that is what's tested to work.  It's also noted in the deployment guides to disable the Java auto update check, so Java doesn't get upgraded past the recommenced version.

Don't forget to mark helpful replies as correct, so others that might have the same issue can find the answer.

Patrick,

Thanks a lot, you put me on the right track asking about the Java version.

Yes I did saw in the doc to diable the automatic upgrade and followed the recommendation.

I have now TMSPE installed and trying to set it up which is not straight forward as the documentation is a bit all over the place to my opinion but that is another issue. Thanks a lot

Are you transitioning from the old TMS Agent or is this a fresh build starting with TMSPE?  What problems are you facing?

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, 

Try creating a TMSPE user account on the local windows box that TMS is installed on, log into the TMS web page using the new account. Confirm that it is in the site admin group and try that. Failing that add the TMSPE account to the machine local Admin group

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: