Cisco Easy VPN Client - where do I get it?

Endorsed Question
Oct 29th, 2014
User Badges:

Hi!

We have a RV320/RV325 Router and we want to use this "Easy VPN". It is impossible to find the client software anywhere. It is not on a software-CD and I cannot download anything from the cisco website. 

So where do I get this client software? (And why is cisco hiding this software? A non-customer cannot use it anyway....)

Cheers

Jens

Cisco Endorsed by mwenstro
LJ Gabrillo about 2 years 6 months ago

It is in the Cisco Downloads,
Though you need a login for it authorized by Cisco,
You can contact your vendor/where you bought your devices for it :)
they will be happy to give you 

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
LJ Gabrillo Wed, 10/29/2014 - 08:27
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

It is in the Cisco Downloads,
Though you need a login for it authorized by Cisco,
You can contact your vendor/where you bought your devices for it :)
they will be happy to give you 

jens.hoerburger Sun, 11/02/2014 - 09:05
User Badges:

Sure, Amazon will be happy to give me an authorized cisco account. I guess the best would be to return the device and get the money back and buy an other device from an other supplier. That would take less time und is less complicated then getting a "autoritzed login" - whatever this is.

Jody Lemoine Wed, 10/29/2014 - 08:58
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, April 2016

Isgabrillo's hit the nail on the head for accessing the Cisco VPN Client. If you want an alternative, you can also look at the Shrew Soft VPN Client (free download) at shrew.net or The Greenbow at thegreenbow.com.

jens.hoerburger Sun, 11/02/2014 - 09:08
User Badges:

Why should I use a 3rd party software when I've bought a cisco router?

I guess the only possibilty to get the original VPN software is to copy it from anywhere of the internet. Some companies or universities have cisco vpn clients on their websites. But I have to test every client with "trial and error" method because I dont know if its the correct vpn client.

It's a shame that it is not possible to get the correct vpn client software from the cisco website. I cannot understand why cisco is acting this way.

Jody Lemoine Sun, 11/02/2014 - 09:15
User Badges:

Another good reason for using a third-party client is the fact that Cisco stopped supporting the traditional Cisco VPN Client years ago. Should you run into an OS that it doesn't work on, you'll need to move to the third-party client anyway. That or replace your entire access VPN solution.

Jody Lemoine Tue, 11/04/2014 - 06:16
User Badges:

I've had good experience with the ShrewSoft client as a replacement. I hear good things about The Greenbow too, but I don't have experience with it. Let me know how they work out for you.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content