cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading TMS 13.1 to TMS 14.5

Michael Rubin
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to TMS 13.2.2, installing Java 6 update 33 install TMSPE 1.0 and migrating the database.  Then I am upgrading to TMS 14.2.2, running windows hotfix 980368, installing Java 7  update  17 and installing TMSPE 1.1.  Then I am going to TMS 14.3. running zone running time zone update tool.  Then upgrading to TMS 14.5.1 and TMSPE 1.3.  I will run windows updates on final upgrade, not sure looking for suggestions.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this process.  I have not had to do these upgrades one after another.  Usually time passes between.  Customer wants to save the database phonebooks and jabber users are all manual. 

Note from the Moderator: This post was originally posted as a blog. Reposted as a question so that it can get a faster response. Blogs are not used to post questions. 

3 Replies 3

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Which Operating System and SQL Server versions are you using? You might want to (or have to) upgrade these as well along the way. I recommend going for Win 2012 and SQL Server 2012.

-Kjetil

Thanks for you recommendation.  We are opting to go with a new server and starting with TMSPE 1.3 and manually adding the 50 movi/Jabber users.

Michael Rubin
Level 1
Level 1

We are doing a fresh install using 14.6 and TMSPE 1.4.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: