Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure - Custom SNMP Template

jmandersson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get the Custom SNMP Template to work in PI 2.x? I can't get it to present any relevant data (yes, with generic ​dashlets).

I've tried to pull CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB and other third-party MIBs with no luck.

I'm starting to suspect this is yet another not-so-ready-feature of PI....

Regards,

Johan

6 Replies 6

Hi Johan,

I am having some trouble with Custom SNMP also. I have imported the mibs and deployed the template but i'm not getting any information back. Is the information supposed to display in Device Work Center?

Hi All,

This feature does work..

hope you are following the correct steps:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-0/user/guide/prime_infra_ug/create_temps.html

For your reference  ,check the verify you are doing all the steps:

Step1:

Design > Custom SNMP Templates  > Create the Template

step 2: Design > Monitor configuration

select the template
Name it and other settings...

Step 3::Deploy >Monitoring Deployment

Select the template > click Deploy

select the devices or group of devices.....

Step 4:
Home >Detail dashboard > Devices  

click > Add dashlet  > device dashlet >> click Gereric Dashlet (configure the generic dashlet by selecting the right template)

Hope it will help

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors *****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks Afroz,

Do you know if there is an option for alerting on 3rd party polling?

Can you explain more or little specific about what you want to achieve with 3rd party devices.

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi,

Simply if the 3rd party device goes down and polling fails an alert would be generated similar to a cisco router/switch to notify of an outage.

I am not sure about the alert but if  the devices is in managed state . you can do the SNMP polling after adding the respective MIB ,if required.

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco