Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset Cisco IP phone in branch office

Muaaz El Kamali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have remote side and I need to do factory reset to the phones there. How can i do remote factory reset on those phones without going there and do it manually?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, you're out of luck, what you're looking for is available in 10.x, but not previous versions, you can wipe and reset phones in bulk. You would need to find a 3rd party app that lets you connect directly to each phone and issue the necessary key presses to do that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to mention what call control agent, and version, you're using, not just what you want to do.

HTH

java

ohh, sorry.

I have cucm 8.6 in centeral location with three sides. Now I have new server with new cucm 10.5 i want to move all phones from cucm 8.6 to 10.5 and keep cucm 8.6 for lab test. All phones in remote side still registered with cucm 8.6. I have changed dhcp tftp option 150 and reset the phone by shutdown the switch port.

Well, you're out of luck, what you're looking for is available in 10.x, but not previous versions, you can wipe and reset phones in bulk. You would need to find a 3rd party app that lets you connect directly to each phone and issue the necessary key presses to do that.

HTH

java

As Jaime mensions you may want to look at a 3rd Party application to send keypresses in bulk to IP Phones.

I suggest you have a look at PhoneView from UnifiedFX, it is a full endpoint management product that can interact with IP phones remotely in bulk.

Also, PhoneView recently passed Cisco IVT testing, which means PhoneView is now the  only Cisco Compatible 3rd Party product for endpoint management.

This video provides an short introduction to PhoneView

http://youtu.be/HYwhKw7UAMY

Kind Regards.

Stephen Welsh

CTO

http://www.unifiedfx.com

Yes Stephen. I have used and it's very good 3rd party application. 

Thanks

Muaaz

Hi.

What I've done in the past for this situation is to create a new dhcp scope with another subnet and create a new VLAN.

Than placed remote ip phones in the newly created VLAN.

Try it and let me know.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

I have tried this way with shutdown the port and no shutdown, but it didn't worked I had to unplug/plug the cable then after while the phone got registered with new CUCM

Thanks Carlo

Muaaz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: