We have a UC560 with 504G and 525G2 (remote) phones.
One of my remote users brought a 525G2 back saying it was stuck downloading XML files and was not usable. I checked the phone and CCA 3.2(3), and it shows a firmware version of 7.5.5a. All the other remote 525G2 phones are 7.5.2c.
The software pack for the UC560 is 8.6.2
IOS is 15.1(4)M6
CME is 8.6
CUE is 8.6.5
1. I have factory reset the offending 525G2, and purged all data from the UC560 for the phone.
2. When I plug the phone into a local port and configure to SCCP, it gets stuck downloading the XML (config) files.
3. How did the phone get a higher firmware (user doesn't know enough to upgrade).
4. I cannot "drag-and-drop" the new firmware into the Topology view of CCA, and since the software update is looking for a "Software Pack", I can only use 8.6.2 (which only has phone firmware 7.5.2)
5. I either need to get the odd 525G2 back to 7.5.2 or find a way to upgrade the firmware on the UC560 to the latest (7.5.6)
Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated...