cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA232D Mobility Enhanced ATA: local IP Address?

ihorpona1
Level 1
Level 1

1. 192.168.15.1 does not appear to work.

2. My unit Serial # is CCQ17081ALW

Please assist.

Thanks

Ihor

6 Replies 6

Rahul Chhabra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ihorpona1,

Their are some restrictions before you install this device like:
1) An internet connection with VoIP account
2) Cable connectivity with your broadband 
3) Phone connectivity with your ATA

after completing these restriction use can install this device.
Their are various steps to complete the installation
this will help you:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/spa100-200/quick_start/SPA232D_QSG-en_78-21580-01.pdf

Regards,
Rahul Chhabra
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Hi,

I am having the same issue as Original poster above.

The device is obtaining an IP address and can be seen on the network.... but I cannot view the management console using IP address: 192.168.15.1

Could you please elaborate on the restrictions above? We have an internet connection with VOIP account and cable is connected to broadband.

What do you mean with number 3? Does it mean that a phone needs to be plugged into ATA, before you can view the management console using the aforementioned IP address?

What other problems could cause management console not to display?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Original poster claimed no issue. "Doesn't work" is so vague to be true issue description. May be the device has not been powered on, or Ethernet cable has not been connected to device..

Please start brand new one thread.

Describe issue in details (in such new thread, not there). Especially mention what you mean saying "management console" - there's no such thing on SPA232D.

It will increase your chance to valuable response.

Thank you.

Dan,

If OP's description is so vague, how is it that he received a reasonable response?

How does one "Steal" a thread? If I believe my issue is similar or same to OP's issue, it makes perfect sense for me to continue that thread. In that manner, all relevant information regarding this problem is contained in 1 thread, thus making it easier for future users to see all info in 1 thread, rather than searching through multiple threads!

Clearly, when I say management console, I mean whatever is supposed to be accessed when typing the device IP address into a browser. Unfortunately, because this does not work as described in the user manual, I cannot tell you what I mean when I say "Management Console". I do believe however, that if you thought about it for a second, you would be able to decipher what I mean.

In any case, I will start a new thread as you suggest. In the mean time, you might consider how you can provide a more "Valuable Response", instead of demonstrating your unhelpful lack of critical thinking. 

Kind Regards,

OP got reference to standard Quick Start Guide. It's generic response unrelated to the matter of question. In advance, as you are asking for help I assume such response has not helped you to solve an issue you have. 

May be you remember I provided extensive responses to you in SPA232D connected to analogue phone answering machine thread.

I spent my time to provide best advice according my experience even now. So sorry you are dissatisfied with my voluntary help. It seems you know better way to call for helpful responses. Feel free to ignore my advice and just wait for response from someone else.

But not be off-topic only - phone's configuration GUI is accessible under the IP assigned to the device's network port.

Ironlineadmin,

The original response was simply a vague response as they had no clue where this original post was going. So, in order to get more exposure and effective response from your peers it would be wise to open another post and clearly define your question. 

Thanks for using the community and hopefully your exchange and resolution will be beneficial to all in the future.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: