cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Order 9.x to 10.5

Jeff Venier
Level 1
Level 1

We're currently running the below UC applications and I'm trying to determine the best order for migration:

CUCM 9.1.2

CUC 9.1.2

CUAC Enterprise 9.1.1 

Does the Attendant Console have to be migrated first? Is anyone running the CUAC 9.x in a 10.x environment? If possible we would like to hold off on upgrading that component until later, but not sure if it's possible.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, no AC on 9.x is compatible with 10.x CUCM, but 10.X ACs are compatible with 9.x CUCM.

It would be AC -> CUCM -> CUC

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

CUC is pretty much a wildcard, you can upgrade it at anytime and still keep CUCM compatibility.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, no AC on 9.x is compatible with 10.x CUCM, but 10.X ACs are compatible with 9.x CUCM.

It would be AC -> CUCM -> CUC

HTH

java

Thank you Jaime, that's what I figured, but was hoping I could do it last. Also, just to confirm, the CUCM and CUC can be done in either order, correct?

CUC is pretty much a wildcard, you can upgrade it at anytime and still keep CUCM compatibility.

HTH

java

Thanks again..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: