Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5550 SPF Error....

stevengates618
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My knowledge is pretty limited on the subject, and as a Sys Admin I'm by no means an expert in Cisco Firewalls. But, through a little self teaching and plenty of Google searches I've managed to set up an ASA 5550 on our network, and it's been running fine.

Now though, our circumstances have changed and I need to be able to take advantage of the AFP modules on the ASA 5550. I understand that I can only use ethernet or fiber on each port, not both. That's fine.

But when I try to change any of the GigabitEthernet ports to SFP via "Configure Hardware Properties" , I get the following error:

[OK] Interface GigabitEthernet1/3
      Interface GigabitEthernet1/3
[ERROR] speed 1000 negotiate

speed 1000 negotiate
           ^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

This happens whether I change the option to either negotiate or non negotiate, and the only Duplex option if Auto.

This happens whether there is fiber attached or not, and I know the fiber cards/cables involved are all working fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Which version of ASDM are you running ?

Would you be able to try it from the CLI and see if that works ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vibhor Amrodia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you set the Media type to SFP

Check:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa93/asdm73/general/asa-general-asdm/interface-basic.html

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Yeah, it's as I set the media type, and click apply I get the error message.

Hi,

Which version of ASDM are you running ?

Would you be able to try it from the CLI and see if that works ?

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card