cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of day on phone won't update since system reboot

Laurel McDargh
Level 1
Level 1

We rebooted the Publisher, Subscriber and Unity this past weekend. After doing so, the time on the phone is stuck and will not change unless you remove the network cable to reboot the phone. What options are there for getting the phones back in synch? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If there is a higher firmware available you can try upgrading a couple of phones and test. If the issue is resolved then apply it on all the phones, else i suggest opening a TAC case for further investigation.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can try restarting the TFTP service on the Pub and Sub and then reset the phones. If the issue persists, you can check if the replication status is '2' on both the servers using RTMT.

HTH

Manish

Thank you for your suggestions. I restarted the TFTP service on both and checked the replication status. It is set at 2. I then reset an individual phone. The time changed on the phone, but would not progress minute by minute. It stayed stuck. Would a firmware upgrade to the phones make a difference?

If there is a higher firmware available you can try upgrading a couple of phones and test. If the issue is resolved then apply it on all the phones, else i suggest opening a TAC case for further investigation.

HTH

Manish

There is a newer firmware that when applied, will resolve the issue. However, we discovered that in order to fix this problem, we have to apply the Devpack that is compatible with the firmware upgrade needed to fix the issue. We have to do the Devpack first prior to updating the firmware. This will be done off-hours since we have to restart the clusters.

We applied the DevPack to the server. We then needed to restart the TFTP service and reboot the subscriber and publisher. The time of day is now stable and changing as it is supposed to.

There is a newer firmware that when applied, will resolve the issue. However, we discovered that in order to fix this problem, we have to apply the Devpack that is compatible with the firmware upgrade needed to fix the issue. We have to do the Devpack first prior to updating the firmware. This will be done off-hours since we have to restart the clusters.

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

which version of CUCM is this? 

what all phones are affected?

Tapan

CUCM v. 8.6.  All phones were affected.

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We need to investigate this, doesn't sound correct. Do you have a valid contract to open a TAC case? 

Tapan

We have a valid contract and I opened a TAC ticket. I'm awaiting additional suggestions from TAC staff. I don't know how to download the firmware update to the server or I would try that.

I reset the device pool at one site and it did not work. This was a suggestion by TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: