cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-8945 - upgrade without call manager via TFTP

bakercistor
Level 1
Level 1

I have always upgraded CP phones by placing the relevant files onto my tftp system, holing down # on the phone whilst plugging in the PoE connection and then typing the reset key sequence, after which the phone pops off and finds the files and upgrades

I have a CP-8945 with SCCP 9.2.3.5... I am trying the same thing, I have downloaded the zip file and placed the 10 or so files onto my tftp system..

first problem is that the # plus sequence doesn't seem to do anything, the lights don't go off as describe by Cisco so I waited until the phones booted and di a soft key factory reset

still the phone doesn't upgrade like I usually see with other models

according to Cisco you should be able to upgrade without the need for a call manager as see in the link below

highlighted:

If a Cisco Unified Communications Manager is not available to load the installer program, the following files are available to load the firmware.

cmterm-894x-sccp.9-2-3-5.zip (for SCCP firmware)

cmterm-894x-sip.9-2-3-5.zip (for SIP firmware)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8941_8945/firmware/9_2_3/english/release/notes/8941_8945_923.html#wp201380

What am I doing wrong please ?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: