cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM for ASA in GNS.

ciscoworlds
Level 4
Level 4

I want to use ASDM to connect to ASA. I used some documents on Internet and did managed to setup and run ASA 8.4(2) on GNS3 and run commands in CLI. And then I setup ASDM 7.3.1 to be able to connect to ASA. I setup the newest version of Java (V8, update 25) and managed to see the home page that ask me to install an application of use Java launcher to see the management interface via web. I clicked on the button and the first page of ASDM appeared and application started to discover the model of my ASA box. But at this point a message  box appeared that said the ASDM does not support the model of my ASA (ASA 5520). I referred to ASDM compatibility doc and the doc said this version of ASDM does support ASA version [ 8.4(2) ]. so what is the possible cause of this issue? 

1 Reply 1

ciscoworlds
Level 4
Level 4

Hi again;

I installed older version of ASDM (6.4.7) and was able to connect to ASA through a shortcut that was created on my desktop. Because I need second ASA, I repeated the same process to create second ASA, including, copying and renaming the second ASA image, adding second Cloud in GNS, adding second Microsoft Loopback adaptor with new IP addresses. But while I tried to connect to second ASA through my web browser, a page appeared that asked me to install ASDM launcher and Java again, despite I have Java and ASDM Launcher on my system. and reinstalling both did not resolve the issue and I was able to connect just to first ASA; but it is good to say that both ASAs are working well and I am able to run commands through their CLI. maybe every one of you have faced with such conditions and solved the issue; because I guess there must be 2 ASAs in a given topology. Any help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: