cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 with home theatre

Zhomart Asken
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! Could someone tell whether SX20 quick set will work fine through home theatre systems? For example, if connecting not directly to TV's hdmi input, but home theatre's hdmi inut and from there to TV. Is it appropriate to use it with home theatre?

5 Replies 5

BW Dijk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

This should be no problem, when connecting it to a home theatre system.

I advise you to disable (default) surround effects on the theater system.

Note: You cann't play HDCP video content trough the codec.

But when it just a source of the theatre system there should be no problem.

David Hasfurter
Level 1
Level 1

The SX20 does have 3.5mm speaker output. It wouldn't be digital sound but may make it easier to handle the sound output through the receiver.  This is just another option though.

Also depending on the sound processing of the home theater system you might add delay which can confuse the echo canceler.

Best is to try it out if it works for you.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks for replies. Which 3.5mm floor speakers(could be 2 or 2.1) would you recommend? Most of what i have seen are small desktop speakers which is not suitable in my case, i'm looking for tower like floor speakers.

The audio should be on the HDMI output to the receiver, so there shouldn't be a need to use the 3.5mm speaker output, unless for some odd reason, your receiver don't like the audio on the HDMI.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: