cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505

Bighead81
Level 1
Level 1

Considering buying Cisco ASA 5505 for my business but have found end of life for the device. Have Cisco announced a replacement for the appliance or is Palo alto the way to go

5 Replies 5

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I don't think it is accurate that 5505 is announced EOL yet.  Do you have a link?  5510 and larger have been announced EOL only as I understand.

Have you considered Cisco Meraki MX60 or MX100?

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

I'm a bit frustrated about the way Cisco goes with the ASA5505. I've many clients asking for the small ASA but I don't want to sell them the old 5505, since it doesn't get 9.3 and therefore will go EoS soon.

Also I can't offer the Meraki products (Snowden shit). I can't even order them in germany via the hugest distributors (IngramMicro, Techdata). 

In my personal opinion, Cisco waits for a successor to see if the Meraki line grows, and if not, it will create a 5505-X or whatever. 

Michael Please rate all helpful posts

Are you aware of the announcement last week by Meraki that they met EMEA regulation requirements and have European data centers now so no information leaves EMEA?  I am in US so didn't pay too much attention, but it seems it may address you Snowden concern ;)  You should check with your Meraki rep about it.  I recall they said one DC was in Frankfurt.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Yes, I read about it, but in Germany, Cloudmanagement is a no-go. 

Also what happens when Cisco stops selling Meraki? Then you can't manage your devices.

Search for 5506-X on cisco.com ... there's finally a successor! (but not yet announced) :D

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card