Views
Helpful
Replies

Forced Authorization Code on CUCM 8.6

Camélia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone;

Do any one have an idea about how to use the forced authorization code option. and do activating it need to reset all the phones or not.

Regards.

10 Replies 10

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please use the following guide to configured FAC on CUCM

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/81541-fac-config-ex.html

No need to reset the IP phones, however you will need to apply it on the Route patterns.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish;

Thanks a lot, it does help.

Regards.

Manish's resource provided is ideal.  FACs would take a to long to explain on how to configure.  Basically, set up your codes and levels then apply them to the route patterns.  Higher level codes supercede and have more access as configured.

Bear in mind, they are not for "billing" purposes, more to deny everyone access unless you have a generic code i.e ToD routing , evening calls etc - there are approx. 255 codes so in theory if you have less then 255 users then each one can have a code any more then you can not identify who used it. Better to use Client matter codes

You would never need 255 different classes of restrictions, you build few classes of restrictions i.e. local, LD, international, unlimited, assign specific min level to them and then when adding FACs (you can have thousands one for each user) you specify the level. If the level is greater than what's assigned to the route pattern (one of the 4 listed above) the call goes through.  The FACs are unique but no need to have unique level on them.

Hi Manish,

Can I set CMC or FAC on each IP phone extension????

FAC and CMC are applied at Route pattern level and not at phone level, so the only way to restrict or allow a set of phones to use CMC/FAC is to configure the CSS/partitions in a way that the users are restricted/allowed to use CMC/FAC enabled route patterns.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the information,

Can I set code authentication on each extension or user ip phone and every extension user can use other phone extensions, but should use their own code to call internationally , this way i want to generate report basis on user based code authentication to know who called longer hours respectively with there authorized codes??

There is no way to tie a FAC or CMC code to a device or a DN, as long as you have a valid FAC/CMC code, and you call from a device/DN that hits a FAC/CMC enabled RP, you can make the call (assuming your FAC/CMC is correct, and has the right level to do so).

FAC/CMC should be assigned to users, then you can use CAR to pull reports

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Manish,

Thanks for this document but i read this earlier, However, I have created FAC, Route partitions & Route Patters and one CSS for each extension, And then I set each FAC to each extension and now each user can use any extension to call long distance but by using there own authentication code and it is working just fine!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: