cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit which user devices can connect to an AP

Khoa Pham
Level 1
Level 1

In WLC, how do I setup so that AccessPoint-1 (3602i) accepts connection from deviceA and deviceB only, but not deviceC ? 

Note that other access points, such as AccessPoint-2 still takes connection from deviceA, B and C

I am using WLC v8.0

Please advise!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If I create a local policy and apply it on a WLAN, it blocks that MAC address on every AP. Not just 1 AP.

Local Policy is done on a per-SSID method.  So this means if you want another AP not to block, then you create a separate SSID and assign different APs in an AP Group.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
In WLC, how do I setup so that AccessPoint-1 (3602i) accepts connection from deviceA and deviceB only, but not deviceC ? 

What kind of "connection" are you talking about?  Are you talking about device based on MAC address?  If this is the case, then go to Security > Local Policy and create a policy based on MAC address of a device.  Then you apply the policy by going to your SSID and Policy Mapping tab.

Thank you Leo for answering my question. Yes. I was talking about device based on MAC address. If I create a local policy and apply it on a WLAN, it blocks that MAC address on every AP. Not just 1 AP.

Please advise further.

If I create a local policy and apply it on a WLAN, it blocks that MAC address on every AP. Not just 1 AP.

Local Policy is done on a per-SSID method.  So this means if you want another AP not to block, then you create a separate SSID and assign different APs in an AP Group.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card