Views
Helpful
Replies

option for WET200

Samim
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

Currently using WET200 and want to replace with more complex Cisco device. I know that Cisco kind of moved away from making wireless Ethernet bridges after acquiring Linksys

There is product migration to WAP121-E-K9-G5  but my costumer insist  on  4 physical ports  and also Mac cloning is a must 

Can i accomplish all with Cisco wireless router such as CISCO877W-G-E-K9 ?

Thanks in advance 

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

As you know currently there is not a replacement for the WET200, but thee is one that Cisco currently has in the works. It is the WAP351. I have seen and worked with the prototype and it will be a great addition to the WAP family and replacement for the WET200. Not sure about a release date or your time frame of need, but wanted to put this put there.

As far as your current question, I cant really speak to an Enterprise device like the the 887. My suggestion would be to buy two WAP121's and bridge those together. when on the remote end connect that to a switch and spread out from there.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Technical Support | Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: