cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS and XMPP Federation

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I've got a VCS-C & VCS-E configured for UC Traversal. As part of this, I've enabled XMPP federation. Attempts to start a chat session with external contacts fail. In the VCS-E logs I see:

XCP_CM2[15061]: Level="1" Subject="cm-2.dev-vcs-e-example-com" Event="Identity Verification failure during either Server Dialback or Certificate Validation" Module="XMPPFederation"

I'm guessing something doesn't like the cm-2.dev-vcs-e-example-com name as it doesn't match the SN or SAN in the certificate for the VCS-E. Firstly, the host is dev-vcs-e.example.com Secondly, I have no idea what "cm-2" is. It's certainly not the name of any host on my system (Either CUCM or IM&P)

Any suggestions or pointers on what to do to fix this?

Thanks,

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
7 Replies 7

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please always mention which software versions you use.

It this string the exact one you see or did you modify parts of it to show it to us?

Did you check your or the remote certificates and hosts if this is name is configured somewhere?

Some docs:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/interdomain_federation/10_5_1/CUP0_BK_I07B7052_00_integration-guide-interdomain-federation-105/CUP0_BK_I07B7052_00_integration-guide-interdomain-federation-105_chapter_01010.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-VCS-Certificate-Creation-and-Use-Deployment-Guide-X8-1.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-1/Cisco-Expressway-Certificate-Creation-and-Use-Deployment-Guide-X8-1.pdf

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Please always mention which software versions you use.

Sorry, it's VCS V8.2.2

It this string the exact one you see or did you modify parts of it to show it to us?

I just changed the domain name to example.com.

Did you check your or the remote certificates and hosts if this is name is configured somewhere?

I didn't check the remote certificate. I couldn't see the point as most of the SAN was my domain. I haven't seen anywhere in CUPSAdmin where the name cm-2 is set (Hence my post!)

GTG

At least cm-2 sounds like communications manager 2 to me ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Pity one of the servers is actually called cucmdev-2 ;-)

GTG

Any luck with this Gordon?

Mathew.

This error points to a DNS problem on the receiving side. You should have them check that they can resolve your federation domain

Please rate all useful posts

I'm struggling to remember the details. Either the VCS cert was missing a SAN, or there was an error in my SRV records.

Sorry,

GTG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: