Level 1

DEAR ALL,

PLEASE FIND THE VIDEO CONFERENCING CONNECTIVITY SETUP BELOW

VCS ---- L2-SWITCH ---- ROUTER --- INTERNET

EX90 is connected to L2 Swictch register with VCS

EX90 has ip address of 192.168.0.242

VCS has ip address of 192.168.0.238

Router Lan interface IP address 192.168.0.241 which acts as gateway for VCS

WAN interface IP is public 41.210.139.122 connects to internet. No firewall/Filtering used.

Outside to Inside static (one - one) NAT done so that any request comes to 41.210.139.122 will be directed to VCS IP address 192.168.0.238.

Also inside to outside NAT with out any port filtering done.

When iam at Office i can connect my jabber movi with VCS and make SIP and IP dial call without any problems. But when i am back home and connects from internet using my Jabber Movi it register with VCS when if i dial IP address to call it connects but i can see "NO incoming Video / Audio" the call will be connect for some time and disconnects automatically, what is causing this issue. I am attaching the full VCS configs, so that cisco experts can advise on this, Kindly treat with priority and advise me accordingly. Is any of my VCS rules missing or any rules wrong? Please let me know asap. Please find the attached document reg VCS CLI configurations and GUI configs.

Regards,

K G

5 Replies 5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You must have the dual-nic option key installed if/when you are using NAT, regardless of you using only the one nic. This has been covered in so many threads in this forum in the past, i.e. take a look at this thread and follow the link given there for a thorough explanation of why this is needed; https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12108216/vcs-expressway-single-nic

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Dear Jens,

I am using VCS - Starter Pack Express, It acts as control and expressway at the same time. I dont think dual NIC option is required in that case?

Did you had a look on the configurations? Any config issues there ? Appreciate your response! Please find the attached screenshot

Regards,

K G 

It does not matter, also the Expressway starter pack would need the dual interface option

LIC-VCS-DI

Communication would have to be done to the outside IP, never to the NATed inside one.

If that is not possible on the inside you would have to deploy separate interfaces, one

locally to your internal network (with or without NAT) and one with the NAT to the internet.

Do you use JabberVideo provisioning on the starterpack as well? That might need some

work for with two interfaces as well

In addition, sure, check your NAT router that no SIP or H.323 features are enabled,

and that there is really no firewall.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Heh - Martin beat me to it :) - but as he said; it does not matter! As soon as you introduce NAT'ing, the dual-nic option key is a must.

/jens

yes starter pack has jabber provisioning.evnthough vcs starterpack is on private IP i have done the clustering ip to public ip of router which made the jabber movi to register with vcs from outside (internet). but when makes calls to cisco nairobi (SIP URI) call was successful only if dial to other video conferencing public ip's have issues, it dials and connects but no incoming video

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: