Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompt Recording on CVP and inserting it dynamically in call flow

AA BB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are prospecting for a new client and their requirement is related to voice/prompt recording. Following is the excerpt of requirements that we received from our client:

1. A service on IVR will allow the administrator to record a voice prompt and activate it or deactivate it.

2. Another service on IVR will enable the administrator to insert the recorded pormpt any where in call the main call flow of the organization.

Currently we have UCCE 7.0 environment and we have already planned to move to UCCE 10 which will take approximately 8 months time end to end. but the client project has to be finished before our upgrade to UCCE 10.

Our current environment is comprised of:

CVP 7.0(2) i.e two call server A and B. Each co-resident with VXML Server, Media Server and CTIOS.

CVP Ops Console

CVP Port liceses 150

CVP Call Studio 7.0.(2)

ICM 7.5 i.e. Two Roggers A and B

Two Voice Gateways 3945 each containing PVDM3-256 

CUCM 7.1.3 i.e. One Publisher and Two Subscribers. 

IP Phone license 900.

60 Agent concurrent licenses

Considering the above requirements (Point 1 & 2) and situation, i just wanted to ask you what module and licenses of UCCE 7.0 should we already have in place in order to support the clients requirement. I just wanted to make sure that we don't require ASR related license in order to fulfill the requirements 1&2.

Secondly, I was curious about the Record or Record_With_Confirm element available in Call Studio, will these two elements support prompt recording as per the requirements mentioned in points 1 & 2? And to use these two element, do we require any specific type of licenses in place?

yasir

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yasir,

You can do this with what you already have. There are no extra licenses required.

Designing the CVP application to do the recording will take some work. You will need to set up FTP on both CVP Media servers so that you can transfer the recorded prompt to both of them. For putting prompts into the right locations in the ICM script, you have a couple options that I see:

1. Have the CVP app overwrite prompt files directly based on selections made in a menu.
  2. Have the CVP app create a new file on the media server for each recording, and write the filename to a SQL database that ICM can read from with a DB lookup node.
  3. Combination of options 1 and 2, but using the database to store activated/deactivated status

I've built a similar application before myself. I used static filenames for each prompt - the user calls the application, supplies the ID of the prompt they'd like to record, and can then activate the prompt and set a duration to leave the recording active for. It's very useful for putting any sort of emergency messaging in place. I could see using the same basic design for all of the prompts in an ICM script, though it would add a lot of time to setting up the ICM script.

-Jameson

-Jameson

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

If those are all the requirements, then you don't need any type of additional license. You just need to make sure you a solid CVP design to make sure that this dynamic prompt fits into the picture.

david

Thank you all to answer my queries in detail. I really appreciate it.

Hi Yasir,

I've been having this necessity to create a script where the administrator could access via specific number and record a specific prompt to announcement for all callers.

Do you have some example from cvp call studio scripting that you can give me for help me deploy this one?

I've deployed this one before but in CCX yet.

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

you will not need any ASR in this case. so no ASR licensees.

you can record the audio using record and record and confirm element, if you are planning to use CVP call studio scripting.

there is no specific license requirement, if you have your VXML server licensed you can use this elements in your application just like other elements.

regards

Chintan

Yasir,

You can do this with what you already have. There are no extra licenses required.

Designing the CVP application to do the recording will take some work. You will need to set up FTP on both CVP Media servers so that you can transfer the recorded prompt to both of them. For putting prompts into the right locations in the ICM script, you have a couple options that I see:

1. Have the CVP app overwrite prompt files directly based on selections made in a menu.
  2. Have the CVP app create a new file on the media server for each recording, and write the filename to a SQL database that ICM can read from with a DB lookup node.
  3. Combination of options 1 and 2, but using the database to store activated/deactivated status

I've built a similar application before myself. I used static filenames for each prompt - the user calls the application, supplies the ID of the prompt they'd like to record, and can then activate the prompt and set a duration to leave the recording active for. It's very useful for putting any sort of emergency messaging in place. I could see using the same basic design for all of the prompts in an ICM script, though it would add a lot of time to setting up the ICM script.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hello Jameson,

Can you please let me know the config that needs to be made on CVP side for this change?

---Mukund

Mukund,

What specifically are you having trouble with? As this requires developing an application for CVP (within CVP Call Studio), there's no predefined set of configuration steps I can give you.

If you are having trouble with CVP app development, I would recommend the CVP DevNet community:

https://communities.cisco.com/community/developer/collaboration/contact-center/customer-voice-portal

-Jameson

-Jameson
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: