Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Telephony Data Synchronization Check Fails in UCCX 10.6

Randy Calderon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

We are running CUCM 10.5 and UCCX 10.6 (recently upgraded). When I try to do a data sync check (or data resync), it fails with error messaged attached.  Do you have any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Any help will be truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy C.

8 Replies 8

Randy - Pls perfom sync again and collect CCX Engine logs, Lets see whether we will get any clue from logs, Some how CUCM AXL is not reachable ?

For testing assign all roles for the AXL user in call manager, Also collect logs from cucm for particular time frame

Is there any firewall between UCCX and CUCM ?

SIVANESAN R

Hello Sivanesan,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

With the help of TAC, it turns out that the problem was caused by an expired certificate in CUCM. Here's what we had to do:

1. CUCM OS Admin-->Security-->Certificate Management

2. Click the tomcat.pem file, and then click Regenerate.

3. After the successful regeneration of the tomcat.pem file, download the same.

4. Go back to the Certificate Management page.

5. Find all the existing tomcat-trust file entries. Click the file name of the certificate
or CTL, and then click Delete.

6. Upload the downloaded tomcat.pem file with the caption tomcat-trust.
The new Tomcat certificate will not take effect until the Tomcat service is restarted.

-  "utils restart Cisco Tomcat" on CUCM

-  "utils restart Cisco Tomcat" on UCCX

This resolved the issue. I'll just put this in the community so that someone may find this helpful.

Thanks again for quickly responding to my post. Appreciate your time and help.

-Randy C.

Thanks Randy, Have u upgraded your CUCM, If so we need to regenerate certificate due to version chnage ?

Even recently just a month ago i upgarded CUCM from 8.x - 9.x where we regerated certificate which is mandatory step

SIVANESAN R

Yes I have. Went from 8.x to 10.5. Didn't realize that I need to regenerate certificate because of the version change until TAC did it. Maybe I missed it on the upgrade guides.

Hi Randy. Sorry, but what you meant by:

"6. Upload the downloaded tomcat.pem file with the caption tomcat-trust." ?

It´s like to rename it ?

Thank , your solution works fantastic!

Hello Jesus,

When you upload the certificate, select "tomcat-trust" as the "Certificate Purpose".

Glad the solution helped you.

-Randy

lvo
Level 1
Level 1

We are on 10.5.1 right now and looking to upgrade to 10.6.1. Beside the mentioned issue you are experiencing, have you experienced any other issues with 10.6?

Thanks,

LV

LV,

I apologize for the late response. I have not experienced other issues.

Good luck on your upgrade.

-Randy C.