cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

securing my company internet

Sumesh N.S
Level 1
Level 1

my company bought a new asa cisco 5585 and asked me to implement the asa in order to secure the internet because.

This is because every time we have the internet speed problems because of the end users. So in order to secure and make the internet connection fast what are the steps i should configure in my asa as a security measures. Currently ISP has given the 14 MBPS speed connection to our company.

1] shall i block browsing the video sites or downloading the torrent?

2] Do i have to do anything with traffic policing and shaping?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Blocking of Torrent is common sense.  You can do this via Active Directory.  Blocking Torrent is ineffective, in some cases on the FW, because you'll need to block a large chunk of ports which can sometimes conflict with some applications.  

Do a netflow to determine what traffic are passing through and block accordingly.

View solution in original post

Hi,

I would agree that we need to have a look at the traffic through the ASA device which is consuming the Bandwidth , after that you can use some option on the ASA device like the modules For Ex:- CX , IPS etc to block these applications if they are causing the problem with the Bandwidth.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Blocking of Torrent is common sense.  You can do this via Active Directory.  Blocking Torrent is ineffective, in some cases on the FW, because you'll need to block a large chunk of ports which can sometimes conflict with some applications.  

Do a netflow to determine what traffic are passing through and block accordingly.

Hi,

I would agree that we need to have a look at the traffic through the ASA device which is consuming the Bandwidth , after that you can use some option on the ASA device like the modules For Ex:- CX , IPS etc to block these applications if they are causing the problem with the Bandwidth.

Thanks and Regards,

Vibhor Amrodia

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card