Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE 4.1 upgrade failing

I am trying to upgrade TMSXE from 4.0 to 4.1.

It is not a cluster deployment.

I stopped the "Cisco TMSXE" service.

But once the upgrade is complete, it launches the "ClusterNodeWizard" window and gives me an error saying

"Cannot complete upgrade while a node in the cluster is active.

Stop the service on the currently active node, then finish upgrading both nodes before restartin the services."

But again, I am not on a cluster deployment of TMSXE, I didn't choose the CClustering option during the upgrade and the "Cisco TMSXE" service is stopped

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Interesting problem, not something we have seen before.

I recommend opening a TAC Service Request. In the meantime, there are two thing you can check:

1. Open all .xml files in C:\ProgramData\Cisco\TMSXE\Config in a text editor. Most of them should have a "version" element somewhere at the top. In all files with a "version" element, does the version number match the exact version number you'll see listed for TMSXE in Control Panel > Uninstall or change a program?
  2. Open regedit.exe, and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Cisco > TMSXE. In a non-clustered installation, you would normally only see two strings there: "ConfigLocation" and "StorageLocation". Do you see other string values there, like for example "NodeConfigLocation"?

Regards,
Kjetil

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Interesting problem, not something we have seen before.

I recommend opening a TAC Service Request. In the meantime, there are two thing you can check:

1. Open all .xml files in C:\ProgramData\Cisco\TMSXE\Config in a text editor. Most of them should have a "version" element somewhere at the top. In all files with a "version" element, does the version number match the exact version number you'll see listed for TMSXE in Control Panel > Uninstall or change a program?
  2. Open regedit.exe, and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Cisco > TMSXE. In a non-clustered installation, you would normally only see two strings there: "ConfigLocation" and "StorageLocation". Do you see other string values there, like for example "NodeConfigLocation"?

Regards,
Kjetil

Kjetil,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

To answer to your questions:

1. Yes they are all identical 4.0.0.951
  2. No, I see a third item named NodeConfigLocation. I erased it. Stopped the TMSXE service and redo the install and it went thru this time.

But I had to completely uninstall TMSXE 4.1, re-install 4.0 and restore my backup, but then it told me that I do not match the license requirement as the TMS Application Integration License is already in use... I had to restart both my TMS servers, and then redo the whole thing once more...

Great to hear that you resolved the issue. :-)

Next time you get a license error like that: Instead of restarting the TMS servers, you can rather recycle the IIS application pool that TMS uses. That will give you five seconds of TMS downtime instead of five minutes.

Regards,
Kjetil