cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLANs 133-134 on Interface port-channel10 are being suspended. (Reason: Vlan is not allowed on Peer-link)

parakiteiz
Level 1
Level 1

I just added 2 vlans Port-channel10 on two of my Nexus 5000's that go from the to a 6509 Catalyst switch. I get this error when I do a show log:(VLANs 133-134 on Interface port-channel10 are being suspended. (Reason: Vlan is not allowed on Peer-link) When I do a sh int trunk I see Po10 (int Eth1/3) that Vlans Err-disabled on Trunk. Another odd thing when I do an spanning tree summary neith 133 or 134 is added in to the summary? Why would spanning-tree be ignoring these two new vlans?

They are configured as so:

interface port-channel10

description "vpc 10 eth1/3 to 6506 po10 ten5/4"

switch port mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan 999

switchport trunk allowed vlan 130.,133-134,139,145,155,160-175,239,242,254,999

vpc10

What can I do to get 133 and 134 vlans to stop erroring on Port-channel 10 on both Nexus 5000's?

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Firstly I should say I have not used Nexus switches so the following advice should be treated with caution.

Have you added the same vlans to the allowed vlans on your vPC peer link. That is what the error message seems to be telling you ie. they are not currently allowed.

They need to be allowed otherwise the vlans are suspended which is what is happening.

As I say I haven't used these switches so I can't say for sure if there is any downtime/disruption when you modify the allowed list but I think that is your problem from what I can see.

Jon

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As Jon also noted, you need to add the vlans on both nexus to your VPC peer-link.

What is the output of "sh vpc" or sh vpc det" "sh run in po10" "sh run int e1/3"?

Also, can you post the VPC peer-link config from both switches?

HTH

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If they are new to the N5k , did you actually create the vlans on the N5k ?  Do they show up when you do a show vlan  ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card