cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incorrect Classification of Website in IronPort

mikeiw3001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - my website has been incorrectly categorised as Shopping, when it should instead be Online Community, as it is a forum discussing plastic modelling.  I've tried to request a reclassification myself, but it's incredibly difficult from my experience, and some of my searches have indicated I'm not the only one suffering.  A number of our members are being locked out of the site by their IT department, including one of our administrators, which is inconvenient, as every time she asks for it to be unblocked, it gets re-blocked with the next update.

Can someone please help?

TIA

Mike.

4 Replies 4

Have you tried to request a reclassification though this portal? https://securityhub.cisco.com/

Yes I did at the time (sorry for the delay - only just got notified), and got this response when I logged in:

Your Cisco account does not currently have the proper credentials to access this resource!

Your Cisco Account Profile needs to be associated with an Active service contract. For more information, visit our FAQ page.

Seems like I need to be a customer with a service contract to get my site re-assessed.  The inference from that is "you can't have your website reassessed unless you're giving us money".  Not what I'd call a fair situation if it's true, and would lead to accusations of holding sites to ransom or sharp-practice if it became common knowledge. 

Any ideas how I get past this?  I have absolutely no need of Cisco services because I'm a private individual and my site is hosted on a managed server, but IronPort is preventing my members visiting when on certain computers.  Perhaps rename it to Iron(misre)Port?

Mike.

Try here.  I know that Senderbase was mostly reputation, but they've added other tools related to category, so I think you may get some traction...

http://www.senderbase.org/support/#problem=other

Thanks - I've gone there and made a request.  We'll see what happens :)

Mike.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: