cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch,out order since updates after %HAL_config_poe-A-POEFailDetected: POE ERROR

wismerhill94
Level 1
Level 1

hello ,

Since i 've bought it my sg300-10p V01 has always report me a lot of
%HAL_config_poe-A-POEFailDetected: POE ERROR(i2c_read_mem failed addr 0x11c6 dev_num 1 val 0x0) was detected: POE is Disabled untill Reset  errors,

and take always a very long time to start, around 25 minutes may be more,
but i did not have yet the use of all functions until few weeks ago to make more than one Vlan and a level 3 management, it was working until i've decided to update it and because i could see again these errors and wanted to go on level 3 management.

So i 've updated it from 1.1.2 until the 1.3.7 without any issue (boot firmware also), except the POE errors and the long start was still there and finaly loaded the lates 1.4 release to get crashed, after a first reset and stil a long start, the default login web page is unstructured and any text and no login filed are displayed, after the reset, the system led is blinking , all the eth port led are on at the same time once, for 2 s, then lighted off together, then 15 s after are lighted on continuously for around 1 minutes, then off, the system led stay in blinking mode. no cable detected by my  eth interface on my PC. 

well this is the same situation as this case ,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11956876/sg300-28p-halconfigpoe-poefaildetected

%HAL_config_poe-A-POEFailDetected: POE ERROR(i2c_read_mem failed addr 0x11c6 dev_num 1 val 0x0) was detected: POE is Disabled untill Reset  errors,

Brandon Svec 10 months ago

For the benefit of anyone who comes across this I saw this message on an SF300-48P today.  I had staged the switch in my lab, updated to 1.3.7.18 and new bootloader.  I put a static IP on it and plugged a couple devices into it.  The switch ran for a few days before the status light flashed amber and console showed this same error.  I tried reloading, rebooting and the switch would not come back.  Unresponsive to factory reset button too.  Console just starting showing garbage and some port lights lit solid.  I am getting it replaced now.

I've looked for a contact support web page but did not find it. i'm not a company so any service contract.

Can someone be kind enough to tell me what to do now ?
Thanks
Yves

5 Replies 5

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello wismerhill94,

Here is a link to the Cisco Support for Small Business Products:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

The SG300 series has limited lifetime warranty for hardware.

Regards,

Michael D.

Hello Michael ,

thanks for this quick reply :) ,

have a nice week end .

Yves

snavarro2
Level 1
Level 1

I have similar issue, with a SG 500-28P

In console show:

i2c_status fail : 1

In the log, from the Web Intreface says:

%HAL_config_poe-A-POEFailDetected: POE ERROR (i2c_read_mem failed addr ....) was detected: POE is Disabled untill Reset.
%HAL_config_poe-A-POEFailDetected: POE ERROR (i2c_read_mem failed addr ....) was detected: POE is Disabled untill Reset.

I was do, the Factory Reset, upgrade at next firmware, cold start, and the error still continuous.
Any ideas?

I have similar issue, with a SG 500-28P

In console show:

In the log says:

I was do, the Factory Reset, upgrade at next firmware, cold start, and the error still continuous.

- See more at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12398311/sf300-24pp-peo-fail-detected#sthash.sFjBUnCY.dpuf

Hello snavarro2,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.  Looks like you having a hardware failure, contact support at 1-866-606-1866, or if not in North America this link will have your number for your region:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Hope this helps,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.

Everything that i did, didn't work. Update the boot code and firmware code to the last version; don't solve the issue.

I contacted the Cisco SMB Support and they give me an RMA for my switch.
Easy: The replacement it's the solution.

Thanks and greetings.