Views
Helpful
Replies

WIRELESS CONTROLLER

kennedymacharia
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have deployed a wireless solution with a wlc 5508 with the ssid authenticating users on the active directory my problem is that users cannot be able to access Email from the wireless network which is on the same network as the lan but users on the lan can access the email.The other challenge is the signal keeps dropping. do I have to configure static ips on all the access points? please help.

5 Replies 5

shh5455
Level 3
Level 3

Are the wireless users able to get to other things on the network?

Are they on the same VLAN as the wired users?

Signal dropping has to do with proximity to the access point.  It has nothing to do with static IPs.

HI  ssh5455,

thank you for your reply. yes the users are able to get to everything else on the network but they cant even ping the mail server.

Is the mail server on the same subnet?  There are lots of things that can cause this issue.  Can you diagram the path between client and mail server?

Also, have you checked the obvious things like subnet mask and gateway?  Can you post a traceroute of it?

hi,

I have checked all the obvious things again and again but everything is fine. a traceroute does not even have one hop

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check if the users not able to access the email are on the same VLAN as well or not. And also need to check the ip address assigned to them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: