Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Password Reset on Cisco 2211 virtualization client

Hello,

I work with the USAF and we were given some of the newer cisco 2211 THIN Clients.  I need to change the IP information on them and I just need them to be reset to factory configuration.  The problem is that there is a current password required to change the config and no one knows what the password is.  When I go to Reset password I am presented with a password challenge string and it says to contact the hardware vendor for the response string.   I have called the AF helpdesk and network support and they have no idea how to accomplish this.  I called Cisco directly and they said that I would have to open a ticket and pay money to get help with my issue.  Are you telling me that I have to pay money to have any one of my THIN clients reset to factory settings?  Can someone please help me with this.

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

dingusxmcgee
Level 1
Level 1

I believe the default password is usually   Administrator   

You could also try using the hot key sequence, if it has not been disabled, which is  CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+SPACE

If that does not work, then it was probably given to you with an "image" applied.  you would need to apply your own with a console, we use the Teradici PCoIP Management Console, there are probably others out there, with a password that you defined along with whatever other settings.

Hope that helps!