Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse and 7960G

douglasfir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Do you know if Cisco 7960 model is somehow supported with Finesse in UCCE 10.5 or newer?

The reason I ask is that I have a customer who is not planning to change their old endpoints and I'm not sure why 7960 wouldn't be supported with Finesse when it works fine with CAD? I thought that there shouldn't be any difference from the endpoint perspective.

Thank you in advance,

Dragan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, no, the 7960 and 7940 is not supported with UCCE 10.5 (take a look at the UCCE 10.5 compmatrix at http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCE_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.5(x)). Tje reason behind it is probably the BiB capabilities (would be too complicated to get recoeding and monitoring set up for these old phones). G.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, no, the 7960 and 7940 is not supported with UCCE 10.5 (take a look at the UCCE 10.5 compmatrix at http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCE_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.5(x)). Tje reason behind it is probably the BiB capabilities (would be too complicated to get recoeding and monitoring set up for these old phones). G.

Thanks, Gergely, not just for this answer, but for all other questions that you help us with!

Regarding this issue with 7960, I've also found that it wasn't mentioned in UCCX compatibility matrix as supported and that it's explicitly mentioned as not supported in UCCE matrix as you say too, but I was suspecting that Cisco just didn't test those devices with Finesse, as they are EoL already, but it certainly makes sense that are too hard to monitor...I've also read that they do not have Java stack implemented, which is probably related to recording and monitoring being hard to implement.

Anyway, even if these devices work together with Finesse, it doesn't make too much sense if they are not officially supported by Cisco, because we could then probably get in trouble when opening TAC :)

Thanks again,

Cheers! Dragan

I agree that it is likely due to the inability to monitor the phone through BIB. We use a third party and spanning to grab audio at the GW and/or switch level. My environment has a mix of 7960's in the older call centers, and 7942/ 7962 phones in newer centers. If I have no need for BIB based monitoring, is anyone aware of any other issues using 7960 phones? I know they work in lab testing.

We do have plans for replacing the phones in the future, but would like to migrate to Finesse and away from CTIOS earlier than our hardware replacement.

Thanks

Sam N.