Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS Migration Utility

msweikata
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone;

I'm trying to migrate ACS 4.2 on an appliance to ACS 5.6 on an appliance. During this process, I have:

1. Created a Virtual Machine, Server 2008 x64 (not R2)
  2. Installed the Windows Trial version of ACS 4.2
  3. Imported my 4.2 appliance data into the Windows ACS 4.2
  4. Converted the ACS appliance from 5.6 to 5.5 (5.6 migration utility does not support being ran on Windows Server 2008 x64, denoted here)
  5. Accessed the Windows ACS 4.2 from the vSphere console
  6. Connected to the 5.5 appliance, confirmed that the acs-config-web-interface migration enable command was run. 
  7. Attempted to migrate the data, or at least run a report to see what devices need to be modified/fixed.

And nothin'. I've browsed forums, looked at posts, changed supported operating systems, and nothing. I've tried to run the migration utility as Administrator, and changed the Compatibility Version for the migration.bat file to be Server 2003. Every single time, I hit:

02-02-2015 16:17:28 JavaUtils.isAttachmentSupported(JavaUtils.java:1308) WARN - Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.
02-02-2015 16:17:48 ACS4Connector.checkDBConnectivity(ACS4Connector.java:137)FATAL -  Fatal Error !! - cannot connect to ACS 4.x DB !!
java.sql.SQLException: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Database server not found
at ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver.makeODBCConnection(Native Method)
at ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver.connect(IDriver.java:354)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.ACS4Connector.getConnecter(ACS4Connector.java:66)
at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.ACS4Connector.checkDBConnectivity(ACS4Connector.java:133)
at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.MigrationApplicationCLI.runExport(MigrationApplicationCLI.java:605)
at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.MigrationApplicationCLI.main(MigrationApplicationCLI.java:266)

I've even gone ahead and confirmed that the user account that exists in ACS 4.2 in Windows exists in ACS 5.5 on the appliance. Same username, same password. Has anyone got a solution, or can recommend anything I haven't done?
2 Replies 2

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCtn17779 Bug was noticed, Run the migration machine on Windows 2003 32-bit.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Windows Server 2003 32 bit installation. I'm assuming there are no other work arounds?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: