Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetme external caller disconnects

dan.letkeman
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to have an external caller call into a meetme number via a DID or via a Transfer?  I have the meetme conferencing setup using Call Mangager 8.6 w/ 2901 as a hardware conference bridge, and it works with internal phone.  But when I try to use a DID and translate the call into a meetme conference number it connects, I hear the beep, and then the call disconnects.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Either option works, you probably want to debug the exact reason for the disconnect.

Make sure you're actually using the HW CFB with the right codecs enabled.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Either option works, you probably want to debug the exact reason for the disconnect.

Make sure you're actually using the HW CFB with the right codecs enabled.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Adding to Jaime's point, just wondering what are the Codecs you have allowed for the Meet Me Conf?

This was the problem.  The device group didn't have the media resource group set, which in turn was not using the hardware conference bridge.

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, it is possible to have External Callers be conferenced  into the Meet Me Conf.

However the Meet Me Conference must be set up Prior to the external call.

HTH

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: