Views
Helpful
Replies

Top Level Document of Advantages of VPN and Safety

IntuitiveDesign
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all;

I have looked high and low and cannot find a high level (for executives not analysts) for a whitepaper that can show the advantages and the safety of using VPN client solutions to allow small businesses to setup remote users. Many of my clients are small (less then 20 person  shops) looking to understand the advantages and the security risks of having a VPN. I explain to them and show them the advantages; but has anyone come across a high level white paper explaining the advantages and showing the ability of many of today's devices security when configured properly. Please point me to anything that you have seen out there along those lines. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mind that you're asking on a vendor's forum about a solution, you might get information with a particular bias (and lots of fancy marketing powerpoints). 

Have a look at first couple of chapters here 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/prod_white_paper0900aecd804fb79a.html

there are also a couple of good government briefings, you might want to check what NIST (or its equivalent in your country) published. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mind that you're asking on a vendor's forum about a solution, you might get information with a particular bias (and lots of fancy marketing powerpoints). 

Have a look at first couple of chapters here 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/prod_white_paper0900aecd804fb79a.html

there are also a couple of good government briefings, you might want to check what NIST (or its equivalent in your country) published. 

Thanks for the quick replay. I plan on using Cisco devices so I figured where better to ask. I will check out NIST.GOV. I am in USA. That article helped and information at nist.gov was also a good start.

Thanks,
T