cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Wireless PTP & PTMP solution?

brettlarkins
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is a Cisco forum, but I need help finding a good wireless solution and I highly respect the advice and assistance I get from the other members of this community, so I thought this would be the best place to go...

Back in the day, I used to install a lot of wireless point-to-point and point-to-multipoint bridges for various customers.  Usually cisco 350 bridges, or Proxim Tsunami bridges.  My Problem is that Cisco does not have much for decent wireless bridging any more (>2+ miles), so I've been forced to look at alternatives

The last 3 bridge solutions I have done have been Ubiquiti, and I have had great results with them, but some colleagues are giving me a hard time saying they are "too cheap".

What do the rest of you use and why?

Thanks in advance,

Brett

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on the antenna used.  

Cisco still has some dish antennas that can push up to 10 miles.  

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My buddy in Chile is pushing a 1532 (32 miles) :)

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Do you know what kind of throughput he is getting?  I know the radio data rates are up to 300mb, but what about actual throughput on that far of a distance?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: