Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN Warning Message

Mokhalil82
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I have setup AnyConnect VPN and all works fine apart from the warning messages appearing about the server being Untrusted.

I am not too good with certificates so any help will be much appreciated. When I open anyconnect client and click connect, the warning appears then so I click continue anyway to carry on. Then after entering username//password the warning appears a second time and again i click continue and carry on.

We had a wildcard certificate so I installed in on the asa in the CA certificates section, Now the 2nd warning has gone but the first one still appears. 

Any ideas??? 

Thanks

1 Reply 1

chr1s2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you obtain or buy a certificate from a CA and install on your ASA your PC will (hopefully) recognize the cert as trusted when you connect and the warning messages regarding untrusted certificates will not appear.

If you still get the warning messages check below re: DNS and CN/hostname.

If you issue a self-signed certificate you can still get round the warning messages, but you will need to configure the following.

1. Create a public DNS record to resolve the name of the ASA to the public IP that the AnyConnect Client will connect on. eg. HQFW01.domain.co.uk

2. When you issue the certificate the CN name must meet hostname. eg. CN=HQFW01.domain.co.uk, Hostname=HQFW01.domain.co.uk

3. You need to install the certificate in the 'Trusted Root' part of the certificate store on every remote device using AnyConnect.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: