Views
Helpful
Replies

Re install a subscriber Call manager Version 7.1.5.30000-1

Heba Ghonamy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

we have a problem concern database replication between the publisher and the subscriber so we shutdown the subscriber and NOW

We need to re install a subscriber

- Do we have to take a backup from the old one and if we restore it does it makes database conflict 

- Do we need to have answer file generated

- If we do not have a CD of the same version of the publisher what should we do

- Do we have to re install the license on the subscriber

Thanks 

9 Replies 9

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

If you don't have an hardware error, and the sub boots, why don't you try to repair the cluster?

We have tried several times and we fail

OK, then reinstall the sub.

Installing or reinstalling a sub is very simple, just make sure that after the cluster has been established you check for additional files to install (MoH and phone firmware files)

You need the exact CUCM version and then boot from the CD/DVD

And you need the security password!

So could you please tell us how to check and install these files

And what can we do if we don't know the security password

With "show version active" you can see what extra files are installed on the PUB and so install them also on the SUB. MoH files you have to check manual (if you have added some)

If you don't know the security pwd you have to reset it. And you are lucky, because the backup is encrypted with the security password, so if your PUB was down, you would not be able to restore.

Seems you don't have so much experience with this, maybe better to ask a Cisco partner to do all this?

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Heba,

what I suppose you do not have a backup and u are building SUB because of Database replication issue.

You need to have same CUCM version for building subscriber.you can open tac case to publish bootable DVD.

You do not need to install the node licenses again in Pub,if they are  already added.You do not install license on Subscriber.

regds,

aman

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Heba,

Although everyone has answered the question, I thought to refer to your points as well:

- Do we have to take a backup from the old one and if we restore it does it makes database conflict 

- No, you dont need a DR Restore to restore a Sub.

- Do we need to have answer file generated

- No, you can install the Sub manually (ie respond to all the questions live during the isntall)

- If we do not have a CD of the same version of the publisher what should we do

- You MUST get one, if you dont have one handy, I will raise a TAC SR and request them to release it to   you.

- Do we have to re install the license on the subscriber

- No, I believe all the Lic are installed on the Pub, and once the Sub has come online, you can verify that if the system needs any Node Lic. Just in case if you need anyway, request a new Lic from TAC, they should be able to issue you a Node Lic

HTH

Regards

Hi Wilson Samuel ,

Unfortunately, we do not have one; I’ll appreciate it very much if you can request them for us.

Best Regards 

Hi Heba,

Anyone with the Contract Number should be able to raise the TAC SR.

Just call 1-800-553-2447 with your Contract Number (the It procurement team should have it somewhere, it is called SmartNet/ESW, just in case)

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: