cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route calls to a call tree that we update weekly based on date/time

Greyson Morrow
Level 1
Level 1

I have been asked to design a script that essentially places calls to specific numbers based on date/time.

The script will be used for physicians to call in when they need advice/second opinions on things. We have an employee who would manage the schedule weekly. Would probably go into a csv or xml file. But the schedule would include up to 5 or 6 numbers in it. based on date/time it will fluctuate. So Feb. 9th between 2:00 AM - 12:00 PM would be a list of people. Then 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM the list would change. and 8:00 PM - 2:00 AM it would be another list.

It would call the 1st number on the list. If they don't pick up, then call the second number and so on.

Any help with this is appreciated.

8 Replies 8

Greyson,

You have to at least try. Show us what you have so far.

david

What I have is a blank page. As far as scripting goes we have several scripts that accepts calls and routes to agents. But none that route calls to certain numbers based on date/time.

After doing some research here on the forums, I found how to route calls to different numbers that were preset based on date. Which was very helpful to me but our call list would be changing weekly and the person on who to call would be changing 3-4 times a day based on time.

Also, I'm confused on what information ccx would need to see to route the calls out based on that time? Would I need to provide it with a new spreadsheet every time the call list changes? Or are there fields that can be in the document that would tell it Monday from 10:00 - 15:00, and so on?

Also, confused on what the best approach is to get the data there. Is it ODBC connection to the database that warehouses that info? Or csv file? We would prefer ODBC.

As I stated this is the first time doing outbound reroutes. I have several scripts that connect calls to agents. And I have the script that figures out the date/time. Just confused on getting the data to CCX and how it handles the fields.

Hi Greyson-

Can you also provide the version and licencing level of UCCX that you have?  Connecting to an external database requires a Premium license and not all external databases are supported.

DJ

We are on 9.0.2.10000-71

I've attached a screenshot of licensing. But we are on Premium.

"Also, I'm confused on what information ccx would need to see to route the calls out based on that time? Would I need to provide it with a new spreadsheet every time the call list changes? Or are there fields that can be in the document that would tell it Monday from 10:00 - 15:00, and so on?"

You can use the Time of Day and Day of Week steps to determine what time day of the week it is.  In the the branches of the ToD step you can have your Database read steps.

Take a look at the Provision of Database Subsystem section of the Cisco Unified CCX Administration Guide, Release 9.0(2)  (page 122 / 142) to make sure the database you're connecting to is supported.

These may also be useful for you to take a look at:

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Editor Step Reference Guide, Release 9.0(1)  (this will show you how the database steps are configured)

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Expression Language Reference Guide, Release 9.0(1)

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Getting Started with Scripts, Release 9.0(1)

DJ

Thank you for this information. It helps a lot!

I should be able to create a script off of this and when I'm done I'll post it here for anyone else looking to do same thing. Or if anyone has better/easier ways for the script they can chime in. I'm sure mine won't be the best way as I don't deal with scripts every day.

I don't see in the documentation if the db authentication can be windows authentication or if it has to be native sql user?

If I recall correctly I have used both methods.

DJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: