cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect 4 - No valid certificates available. Please insert a smart card or install a valid certificate.

dal
Level 3
Level 3

Hi.

I'm trying to use Anyconnect 4 as a 802.1x supplicant replacement.
I'm trying to make a profile with Anyconnect Profile Editor, where the settings are WPA2 Enterprise where both machine and user must use certificates.
I have downloaded the CA certificate from my Certificate Server, converted it to PEM and loaded it into the Profile Editor.

But when I try to use the generated configuration.xml, I get this error:
No valid certificates available. Please insert a smart card or install a valid certificate.

If I load the xml file into Notepad++ I see that the certificate path is set to the path on the hard drive where I loaded it from, ie. D:\Certificate.pem
Shouldn't that point to the Certificate Store instead?
But even if I correct the path to something on the local hard drive, I still get the same error.

So, any tips on how to use the Profile Editor correctly?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

mukka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this same issue. Did you solved it ?

thanks.

Murilo

Hi.

Sadly, I did not.

There does not seem to be a lot of users using Anyconnect as a supplicant replacement.

At least they do not hang around here.

venkatesh-e
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running into the same issue in 2024 and trying to use AnyConnect as a supplicant for 802.1x Authentication to test it in my lab environment. I don't find anything type of documentation that helps online. 

Secure Client (formerly AnyConnect) NAM is an older method for EAP Chaining using EAP-FASTv2. Much of the older documentation has been retired, so it will likely be difficult to find. The best documentation available is in the Secure Client Admin Guide.

If you are mainly wanting to implement EAP Chaining, the recommended way to do that would be using the native TEAP support in newer versions of Windows 10/11.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: