cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 V3 with 4.0.0.07-tm firmware

fmarshall
Level 1
Level 1

I used the Firmware Rescue Utility to get 4.0.0.07-tm onto this V3 RV042.

Now I want to upgrade to the latest: 4.2.3.03

I've downloaded the latest as above and I'm using the http GUI to do the upgrade.

I browse to the file and click on Upgrade, as usual....

It asks if I want to upgrade the firmware now ... as usual.

But then:

The browser immediately switches to: "This page can't be displayed."

And then the GUI interface can be reloaded just as if nothing had happened.

I've tried a slightly older upgrade and the same thing happens.  So it appears it's not a bad file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I'm sorry you are having issues with the unit.

I think this problem could be related to a browser compatibility issue that should get resolved once you are able to upgrade.

I would recommend using different browsers, Chrome or Firefox, also Internet Explorer should work on Compatibility View.

If you are still having issue, you may want to clear the cache from your web browser, it could be trying to reach a different link from was stored on the memory as opposed to going to the actual link the new firmware is sending it to.

Please try this and let us know the results.

Cordially, 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

fmarshall
Level 1
Level 1

I also not that either of the configuration backups (download into a PC) do the same thing:

The browser immediately switches to: "This page can't be displayed."

And then the GUI interface can be reloaded just as if nothing had happened.

I redownloaded the Firmware Resuce Utility with 4.0.0.07, installed it and am still getting these results.

Is there an alternate procedure with something like tftpd32 that will let me install the latest firmware?  I've not been able to get that to work so far....

Hello,

I'm sorry you are having issues with the unit.

I think this problem could be related to a browser compatibility issue that should get resolved once you are able to upgrade.

I would recommend using different browsers, Chrome or Firefox, also Internet Explorer should work on Compatibility View.

If you are still having issue, you may want to clear the cache from your web browser, it could be trying to reach a different link from was stored on the memory as opposed to going to the actual link the new firmware is sending it to.

Please try this and let us know the results.

Cordially, 

Thanks so much!  That appeared to be it.

I was able to download the newest firmware with IE 11.

Now Chrome and Firefox both work as well.

I'm very glad this worked for you.

Thank you for letting us know.