Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 calls only on 384kbps

Rajan R
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

Have a sx10 and a couple of sx20. I call from sx20 to sx10 or from sx10 to sx20, the sx10 is only on 384kbps video even if i choose a higher call rate. Why is this.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It might be a pipe somewhere that sets the max bandwidth for calls. Are you calling SIP to H323 or SIP to SIP?

What CallControl are you using? CUCM, VCS or something else?

/Magnus

We are using SIP to SIP. CUCM 10.5. We have no set BW. All 3 devices part of LAN. when we call sx20 to sx20 its fine.

Thanks.

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

Have you verified, that the region that covers that device in the CUCM has not video bandwidth set as default? This limits any video call and therefore one should increas that setting to max.

Cheers

Danny

I have this problem as well. Issue is definitely with the SX10.. Haven't figured out why though. Have other endpoints using the same device pool, css, device pool etc... It appears to attempt to negotiate at it's default call rate. But then after the call establishes it downgrades to 384. Again other devices taking the same call paths do not have this problem. Is there a known issue with SX10's?

Given that the maximum call rate for an SX10 is 3072, whereas other endpoints can be higher (e.g. 6000/10000) is it possible you've configured the device in CUCM to have a call rate of something higher than 3072, then the SX10 has ignored this value and defaulted back to 384kbps?  If you web browse to the codec, what's the maximum bandwidth and maximum total call bandwidth?

If all else fails, have you tried upgrading to the latest firmware?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: