Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS appliance 3415 not seeing install disc from EXTERNAL dvd drive

Hi,

I need to reset the CLI password on our Cisco ACS appliance 3415 not seeing install disc from an EXTERNAL dvd drive so I can use the install disc boot options to reset the CLI admin password.

I've managed to press F2 and use the over ride boot priority from RAID to the name of our external dvd drive, but it just continues to boot as usual , displaying the ADE-OS option (no install disc option). We've tried making an image of the 5.5 iso (from the Cisco website) using ImgBurner, and ISO Recorder - the files and folders are visible on the disc - is that correct? I've also tried copying the entire .iso file to a disc and burnt it using the build in Windows one on my laptop.

Is using an external dvd drive an option on the 3415? 

2 Replies 2

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the DVD that you are using a bootable one?

Neno, yes the DVD disc is bootable, but we've read the 5.5 install pdf a few more times and seen that the Cisco 3415 Appliance has to use a bootable USB pen drive to reset CLI admin passwords (or re-install the ACS app) , not DVD drives.

Unfortunately we don't have a spare physical  ACS appliance to test the USB pen drive on and our VM ACS test box doesn't pick up the pen drive, even though the VM Sphere system knows a UBS pen drive is plugged in.

I will try and post the result when we visit the site to test the bootable pen drive method on the actual ACS physical appliance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: