Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCX RTMT - Collect Files - CCX Engine time retention

marco fina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

i can see exactly what an user did when accessed to IVR .

I'm going to explain better:

We are using uccx 9.0.2 for IVR purposes, and i'm able to extract log with RTMT UCCX-->Trace e Log-->Collect Files-->Cisco Unified CCX Engine

When i open this log with Notepad++ i can see: calling\called number, time and date, DTMF tones, prompts triggered by the script, if the call has been

redirected to another extension, if the call has been disconnected and so on.

But i cannot set the right time in the "Trigger: ContactApplicationTrigger" row. How to set the correct timestamp for logs?

I also need to understand the time retention of this log, also can i changd this value? I need to store this logs for long time (at least 6 months). Does

the retention time depends on uccx's DB size? Where i can see the space dedicated to logs? Can i increase this size?

regards

marco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Set Enterprise Data is a step in the script editor.

You can use it to 'tag' information to the database records for the call.

So for example, if a user picks option one, you might set 'option1' in 'Call.PeripheralVariable1'. This would set the text 'option1' in the database, and when you export the 'Custom Variables' report in the HRC client, the call would show 'option1' in the Custom Variable 1 field (which is what Peripheralvariable1 maps to).

This is a very simple example, but you should get the idea.

Basically in the script phase you need to know what you want to report on, gather the data whilst the script is running, and log it in the DB. 

Then your HR people can just run the report themselves and you can stay in bed.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Marco

You don't look in the CCX engine logs to get statistics on calls. The data in those logs is not intended for that use and it not retained as you need it.

There is a reporting application designed to retrieve such data. In CCX9 you have a choice of CUIC or HRC; please google those to see what they can do and come back if you have specific questions.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

thanks for reply. I tried the client HRS, but giving a first look (superficial) at the report i cannot see all

the information i need. Maybe i didn't set the correct parameters to see what i need, so i'm going to

ask another question about this client.

As you can see by the attached file, log from RTMT-->Engine, i can retrieve exactly what the user

did:

1. called\caller number

2. date\time

3. DTMF tones dialed by the user

4. if the call has been redirected to an emergency number (for example)

5. when the call has been disconnected

6. audio prompt triggered by user's actions

Do you think i can retrieve the same detailed information from the HRC client?

if it does, i'm going to study HRC setting, but please, if you already have a response for my needs,

just lead me to the correct configuration of the HRC client.

regards

marco

Hi Marco

The database contains 1,2,5 from your list. If it's a list of such calls you want, the 'detailed call by call CCDR report' will give you that.

For 3, 4, 6 (if you genuinely need all that - typically you would be looking at overall statistics, not what audio/hold prompts each individual caller listens to) you can save it to the DB by using 'set enterprise data' steps at appropriate points to record it in the custom variable fields.

You can then report on it properly... for some of it you will need to use the 'custom variables report' exported to Excel, or generate a custom report.

Attempting to report based on diagnostic text files is definitely not something I would attempt to do. It will be extremely difficult technically, and ultimately a waste of time. The database is there for a reason...

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Up to  now i used RTMT because i didn't know about HRC, and with RTMT i found out

a fast way to retrieve all the information i need in a clear way.

We need all these info per call because they have to be analyzed by our customer's

HRs.

We are using IVR for sick day recording purposes, and if IVR fails, HRs need to know

what an employee did to record the event.

RTMT was perfect for our purposes, anyway i'm going to understand how to use HRC

for our purposes, can you explain in more datail how to set Enterprise Data?

I'm really getting confused on the HRC client configuration

regards

Hi

Set Enterprise Data is a step in the script editor.

You can use it to 'tag' information to the database records for the call.

So for example, if a user picks option one, you might set 'option1' in 'Call.PeripheralVariable1'. This would set the text 'option1' in the database, and when you export the 'Custom Variables' report in the HRC client, the call would show 'option1' in the Custom Variable 1 field (which is what Peripheralvariable1 maps to).

This is a very simple example, but you should get the idea.

Basically in the script phase you need to know what you want to report on, gather the data whilst the script is running, and log it in the DB. 

Then your HR people can just run the report themselves and you can stay in bed.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

this sound very good for me, i'm going to speak with my developer team to

set enterprise param and then i'll let you know.

Many thanks for this kind of support.

regards

marco